San Diego SHRM is working to keep you up-to-date on the issues and events that directly affect HR professionals and their companies. A complete schedule of this years shows will be available soon, but in the meantime check out some of informative shows that have already aired below or Listen to San Diego SHRM Radio here.
2017 WS Radio Shows
June 30, 2017 Preparing your business and employees to take care of aging parents!
Our guest is Mr. Stuart Furman, author and lecturer. He has written to books that were recently awarded the Care Giver Friendly Award for 2016 by Care Giver Magazine. Mr. Furman is an Estate Attorney and launched his development of elder care materials when he was called upon to be an eldercare provider himself! His books are “The Elder Care Ready Book” and “The Elder Care Ready Pack”. http://www.eldercareready.com/
The boomers are coming of age faster and faster. 10,000 people turn 65 each day (those born between 1946 and 1964) Already hitting the age that may need care (71) but being called on to provide care to their parents or aging relatives!
The impacts on business of the time and attention deficit created by the demands of elder care are predicted to be between $17.1 and $33.6 BILLION per year about $2,211 per employee per year!)
June 17, 2017 How your company’s culture can determine whether employees become litigants!How your company’s culture can determine whether employees become litigants!
Guest: Attorney Tom Ingrassia; Pettit Kohn, Ingrassia & Lutz
May 19, 2017 SDSHRM Connecting with Student SHRM Chapters
Guest: Michael Smithfield, the president of California State University SHRM Chapter, an affiliate of SHRM
May 12, 2017 Leadership by Proxy, Corporate Women in India
Guest: Poonam Barua, Founder – Chairman of Forum for Women in Leadershop, and Author of “Leadership by Proxy, The Story of Women in Corporate India”
April 28, 2017 Seeking Civility?? Let’s End Workplace Bullying
Guest: Catherine Mattice Zundel, MA, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, International speaker, award-winning author, HR consultant, workplace bullying expert
April 14, 2017 Workforce Empowerment and Optimization for Sustainability
Guest: Tiffany David, Chief People Person- HR Consulting- Speaker-Trainer
Chief People Person at Total People Management
Director of Human Resources at Havas Edge
HR Manager at QuickPlay Media
March 31, 2017 Coaching for Respect: Rebuilding Respectful Relationships in the Workplace
Guest: Gregg Ward, BCC, CMC Emeritus, Principle a The Gregg Ward Group
March 17, 2017 Your Leadership Training Programs Aren't Working (And How to Fix Them)
Guest: Dr. Ann Vertel, Leadership Expert
March 9, 2017 Success Redefined: Make a Better World
February 24, 2017: View of HR Across the Border
Guests: Hector Guerrero, Senior Human Resources Manager, Medtronic, Mexico and Daniel Del Castillo, adjunct faculty at SDSU and Managing Partner Best Human Resources Consulting.
February 16, 2017: HR Insights Hour Salutes @HWRDC25
Guests: S.K. Dutt, Saagarika Ghoshal & Raju Bhatia of the World HRD Congress
January 27, 2017: SDSHRM 2017 Agenda, Action Items and Program; The Planned Learning and Development for Chapter Members and our Community Outreach Programs
- Guests: Andy Covell, 2017 SD SHRM President, Karla Boudreaux, VP Programs and Brad Weinstein, VP Workforce Readiness
January 20, 2017: Top Global Challenges Facing HR Professionals in 2017
- Guest, Tom Dale, Senior Partner; Head of Southern California Practice at Aligned Growth Partners, LLC. Greater San Diego Area
2015 WS Radio Shows
September 11, 2015: Speciality Staffing and C-Level Recruitment
- Guest, John McIntyre, Co-Founder of Real Executives America
August 28, 2015: Yes, Virginia, They Are Outsourcing Non-IT Talent Functions Too!
- Guest, Blair Baker, Chief Technology Evangelist, 1903 Solutions
July 17, 2015: California's Sick Pay Rules
- Guest, Lisa Frank, Partner, Kasper and Frank, LLP
June 26, 2015: Workplace Divorce: What You Can't See-And Does-Hurt Your Organization
- Guests, Mr. Frank Nageotte, Attorney, and Ms. Cinda Jones, CFP, CDFA
June 12, 2015: To Get What You Want, Forget What You Want: How to Position Yourself and Your Work to Gain Respect and Acknowledgement
- Guest, Grace Judson, Writer, Linguist; Past President, Association of Training and Development, San Diego
May 22, 2015: Position Yourself to Succeed in the Purpose Economy
- Guest, Dr. Judy Enns, Executive VP, HR Division, of Eastridge Workforce Solutions
May 8, 2015: What CEO's Really Want From Their HR Associates
- Host, Nina Woodard, Past President, San Diego Society for Human Resource Management
April 10, 2015: Competency Based Education
- Guest, Dr. Kathleen Bates , Assistant Professor, Brandman University
March 27, 2015: Benefits of Corporate Wellness
- Guest, Amit Sangani, CEO, Strive 2B Fit
March 13, 2015: Following Up Post ACA Sign Up, How Things Are Falling Into Place
- Guests, Steve Austin, Regional Territorial Vice President, HealthMarkets Insurance Agency and Jerry Volante, Agent, HealthMarkets Insurance Agency
February 27, 2015: The Elder Care Handbook, Preparing for Long Term Care
- Attorney and Author, Stuart Forman, shares the lessons he has learned in his practice and his life, in his new book, “The ElderCare Ready Book”.
February 6, 2015: Understanding and Enrolling in the ACA
Januray 23, 2015: The NLRB: A Look Back at 2014, Looking Ahead to 2015
- Guest, Ms. Hollis R. Peterson, Senior Counsel, Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch LLP
January 9, 2015: Building Your Competency and Knowledge
- Guest, Lauri Chua, 2015 Vice President, SD SHRM Conferences, and HR Knowledge Advisor for SHRM.