Managing Virtual Workers Today
Join SD SHRM on Wednesday July 15, 2020 at 10:00 am for our webinar:
FREE for Members
$20 For Non-Members
This program has been approved for 1.5 PDC for the SHRM SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP.
This program has been approved for 1.5 hours of HRCI re-certification credits.
Thank you to our Webinar Sponsor:
With the nationwide move to have employees work from home to limit social distancing in response to the Coronavirus pandemic, many managers are faced with virtually managing their employees for the first time. Already 36 percent of employees report they would give up a pay raise for the ability to work remotely; 40 percent would be willing to take a pay cut for that option.
The growing importance of virtual work and the virtual worker
- Setting clear goals, expectations and control for virtual workers
- Building trust, teams and accountability with virtual workers
- Technology tools and strategies for extraordinary communication
- Promoting inclusion and collaboration with virtual workers
- Virtual recognition and rewards for remote workers
Objectives attendees will learn include:
- Recent research, trends and practices shaping the virtual workforce
- Work challenges & opportunities in the use of remote workers
- Successful strategies & techniques in managing virtual employees
By allowing greater worker autonomy and flexibility, companies can greatly expand their potential pool of talent, which is especially important in light of the increasing shortage of skilled labor facing all organizations today and in the years to come.
Each registered attendee will receive a copy of The Virtual Manager by Kevin Sheridan.
Presented by Dr. Bob Nelson
The world’s leading authority on employee recognition, engagement & retention, and President of Nelson Motivation Inc., a management training & consulting company specializing in helping organizations improve their management practices, programs & systems. He’s worked with 80% of Fortune 500 as a Strategist for HR Issues. Has been a long-time collaborator & confidant for Dr. Ken Blanchard, “The One Minute Manager” and is currently a personal coach for Dr. Marshall Goldsmith, the world’s #1-ranked executive coach.
Dr. Bob has sold 5 million books on management, employee motivation and engagement, including 1501 Ways to Reward Employees, The 1001 Rewards & Recognition Fieldbook, 1001 Ways to Energize Employees, The Management Bible, and his latest book, 1,001 Ways to Engage Employees. His books have been translated into over 30 languages.
Other recognition & distinctions:
- Leading Authority & “Consultant’s Consultant” for Recognition & Rewards Consulting for 2019 by HR Tech Outlook
- Senior Fellow, Human Capital for The Conference Board
- Top Thought Leader by the Best Practice Institute
- Leading Global Employee Engagement Influencer by EE Awards
- Top 5 Global Management Guru for 2020 by Global Gurus
He has presented on six continents; appears extensively in the national & international media including CBS’ 60 Minutes, CNN, MSNBC, PBS, NPR, as well as in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, The Chicago Tribune, Fortune, BusinessWeek and Inc. magazines to discuss how to best motivate today’s employees. Writes a monthly blog for The Conference Board, Incentive & Inc. magazines.
He received an MBA in organizational behavior from UC Berkeley and a PhD in management education with Dr. Peter Drucker, “The Father of Modern Management,” at the Drucker Graduate Management School in Los Angeles. Now teaches for the MBA program at the Rady School of Management at the University of California, San Diego.