Are you a full-time HR Professional looking to refine, reinvent, or refresh your career? Are you a seasoned HR Professional that wants to support the next generation of HR Professionals? The SD SHRM Mentor Program is what you have been looking for!
- All the hard work is done for you- Finding the best match between mentors and mentees.
- Develop advanced leadership skills- Add coaching, mentoring, feedback, and effective management skills to your resume.
- Enhance your network- Connect with engaged collegiate and HR professionals.
- Knowledge sharing- Learn and share best practice across a variety of HR disciplines.
- Career advancement- Chance for promotions and new job prospects.
- Earn recertification credits- Up to three credits annually for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP recertification
- No cost- The program is included at no charge with your SD SHRM membership.
The monthly time commitment for the mentor program is one to five hours per month, including monthly mentoring meetings (i.e. e-mail, phone, in-person), regular interactions with your mentor/mentee, and mentor events.
Qualifications to Participate:
- Maintain SD SHRM membership for the duration of the program.
- Involved in a Human Resource capacity for the duration of the program.
- Commit to the minimum number of meetings.
Minimum requirements to become a mentor:
- 5+ years in an HR profession with 3+ years in an exempt role.
- Passion for the advancement of the HR profession
- Experience in progressive HR disciplines, leadership and responsibilities
- SHRM-CP/SHRM SCP or other professional HR certifications desired.
- Full-time working professional
Minimum requirements to become a mentee:
- 2+ years of experience / employment in an HR role or in transition into an HR role.
- Determined to grow in and committed to a long-term HR career
- Sorry, no students at this time
The application process is now closed for the Mentor Program. Please check back regularly to find out when the next Mentor Program will begin. Applications for the January - July Mentor program will open in November.